One of the great attractions of soccer is the straightforwardness of the game. Anyone can quickly understand the objective and the rules of the game. The main objective of the game is to score goals by putting the soccer ball into the opponents’ goal more often than your opponent puts the ball into yours. The simple formula that works in soccer is which team is tougher and quicker.
In case of soccer each team is allowed to have eleven players which include one goalkeeper. The players are usually positioned as left wing, center, right wing, center midfield, left midfield, right midfield, right defense, left defense, center defense, sweeper, and goalie. The soccer players are not allowed to use hands to make contact with the ball. Feet, and head can be used to play the game. However, the goalkeeper is allowed to use the hands to defend the goal.
Naman Wakil is a soccer fanatic from Miami in Florida who has always been fantasizing of becoming a part of the well-known soccer leagues such as the German Bundesliga, English Premier League or Spanish La Liga. He says that soccer is a comparatively simple game and the basics are easily learned; however, the skills and techniques take lots of practice to master. Naman says that in order to master the skills of the game one should follow the following tips:
- If you want to become better at Soccer it has to be a passion in your life, you have to do it all the time. As practice makes a man perfect; the same strategy applies in case of sports as well.
- Get in touch with coaches as well as the soccer players in the community. Check the internet to get reference as it is a great place to get details from the websites, forums, and blogs. Go through the blogs that are dedicated to helping you becoming a better Soccer player.
- Watch how the professionals play the game; determine the technique and the style that they use to defend the opponent.
- If there are areas of your game where you feel you are weak, concentrate on them and bring them up to par. You will need to be strong mentally and physically and should have sound technical knowledge in order to prosper.
- Always stay motivated as this is the crucial thing for success. Get rid of the situations that make you feel demotivated.
With these simple tips one would definitely become a more successful soccer player.
Naman Wakil is currently studying a degree course in sports science from the University of Miami and wants to build his own soccer team in the future. He states that the best way to master the techniques is to practice each specific skill over and over until that technique has been mastered completely.
However, one must always remember that there is no perfect player. Every player has areas in their game that they could be developed, but there is no reason one cannot strive for excellence.