The term “BPM” or “business process management” has become very frequent in business conversations. The management of medium and large companies decide in favor of such solutions, as they help them automate a number of business processes, create a more efficient organization, and thus increase their business revenue.
Let us have a look at the way these platforms operate. Take as an example bpm’online – a cloud-based system with the wide set of out-of-the-box tools and solutions for marketing, sales, and service. This business process software streamlines customer-facing processes of the organization and improves its overall operational efficiency. It gives companies a 360-degree view of their clients, lets them create successful trigger campaigns, maintain constant dialogue with the existing customers, and perform a variety of other tasks. The platform has a user-friendly system designer and can be used on both computers and smartphones. Read about bpm’online on https://www.bpmonline.com.
What Is a Business Process?
Before we start talking about business process management software, let us have a closer look at the notion of “business processes”. Many people use this term without a clear understanding of what it means. Generally, a business process is any activity aimed at accomplishment of certain organizational goals. It may include a series of logically related tasks performed all together. For example, business processes often consist of planning, production, adjustment of the chosen scheme, sales of the company’s products.
BPM is the set of activities designed to achieve specific objectives. The platforms of this kind offer companies a systematic approach to improvement of all these procedures. In order to detect the necessity of using such systems, organizations measure success of their business processes. For this purpose, they track satisfactory performance of different stages within every procedure – the so-called benchmarks, which can be expressed in certain figures.
Business process software is frequently implemented when organizations notice that their business processes are not helping them to reach their objectives. There are many strategies to make improvements, therefore it is not difficult for enterprises to reach their goals within the given period of time or with the resources at hand. Nevertheless, in some cases organizations fail to implement the chosen BMP solution successfully, and thus they lose the opportunity to get the most out of it.
Tips for Success in BPM Implementation
In order to achieve a breakthrough in the use of the chosen BPM platform, specialists recommend following the given pieces of advice:
- Select a BPM training center including both business experts and IT specialists. The team lead should be the one who believes in the success of the chosen platform, knows all the aspects of the company’s work, and is really good at mediating. In many cases, business professionals don’t speak the same language, and there should be someone who can close the communication gap during the process of BPM implementation.
- Make sure your enterprise has adequate resources to ensure success. Irrespective of the company’s size and the type of the business process software, you will need technology, time, and budget. Do not try to cheap out on this process, especially if it is your first BPM platform.
- Plan all the stages of the prospective process beforehand. Make sure the members of the team got acquainted with all necessary documents and understand all the peculiarities of the tasks they’ll have to perform.
- Make a plan of the forthcoming changes. It is impossible to implement a business process management system to a fare-thee-well on the first try. In most cases, companies have to change, correct, and improve the solution they’re going to use. This is a normal practice, and you should prepare a change management plan beforehand.
- Take steps to provide your employees with proper training. Devote some time to education and instruction, support the team with corresponding training toolkit, and help them gain insight on the new system.
About the Advantages of Business Process Software
If the system of the kind has been implemented correctly, it can be of great benefit to the enterprise:
It makes the business more agile
Modern companies constantly face with the necessity for change. This requirement can be impacted by the market demands, advent of the new methods of work, development of new rules and regulations, etc. It is BPM that improves the design of business processes, making them more flexible and successful. Companies get a perfect opportunity to change and customize their workflows with minimal costs.
BPM system helps enterprises increase their overall revenue
The platform of the kind can facilitate the automation of most repetitive tasks within the regular workflows of the organization. It is aimed at removal of bottlenecks, elimination of ineffective steps, and establishment of parallel processing. After the implementation of the business process software, employees get the opportunity to devote more time to other activities, as the key support tasks are being handled.
It guarantees increased efficiency and reduced risks
Thanks to BPM, the company’s business processes become more visible. The staff gets the opportunity to analyze their performance, correct possible mistakes, and concentrate on inefficiencies. As the company’s employees start working more effectively, they get the free hand to save their resources and devote more time to the most perspective and profitable missions.
BPM software lets businesses focus on their customers
When all the processes of the enterprise are lean and can be easily changed, the sales reps are better able to focus on the potential customers. They respond to proposals and requests much faster, customize with no time loss, and give as much attention to the customers as it is necessary. Besides, BPM unites the people and technology together, which is very important for customer satisfaction and the overall business success.