Cleaning your house can be a very tiring and boring job. Staying at home and scrubbing floors and counters can’t be fun at all. No one likes spending a good amount of their day cleaning their kitchen sinks and toilets in their bathroom. But this is a job which has to be done no matter how much you hate doing it; otherwise, the mess will get accumulated.
People nowadays mostly hire maids and other house cleaning services to do the job for them. But many also prefer to take care of their house themselves. Some people have a habit of cleaning their homes so much that it kind of becomes a hobby for them. Well if you don’t clean your house yourself and leave the job to others, you might want rethink your decision as there are many positive sides to cleaning your house yourself. The following facts might not be known to you before and will make your mind up to take the job on yourself.
- If you clean your house for around 2 hours, then you will have burned about 200 calories. You don’t need to go to the gym; just work on cleaning your home and you will have killed two birds with one stone. Clean your house to get in shape.
- According to some studies it has been confirmed the on an average a woman spend 12896 hours cleaning, while a man spends only 6448 hours, in their lifetime. Women are found to work double time for cleaning purposes. Women totally deserve an award for this.
- If you are tired of the dirt and grime all around you, then plan a trip to Iceland. It is the world’s cleanest country so far. Travel to Iceland to breathe in fresh air and sleep in some clean sheets.
- It might sound insane, but the kitchen sink has more germs than the toilet in an average house. This is why the sink should be cleaned properly on a regular basis rather than just rinsing it with water. Maintain a hygienic sink to have a healthy life.
- You must have seen that your house gets filled with a lot of dust quite frequently and you might have wondered where all the dust was coming from even though you live in a clean area. Well as a matter of fact, 70 to 80 percent of these dust particles is actually made up of the dead skin cells of our body. You might be shedding more than you pet does.
- This might be a little gross, but every mattress contains dust mites. Clean ones have less number of them and dirty ones more. An average mattress can contain dust mites ranging from 100000 to 10 million in number. Makes you want to sleep on the floor, right?
- Your pillows are no better. On a rough basis, about 10% of the weight of the pillow constitutes the weight of dust mites and their droppings. Deep cleaning should be done for you pillows and you mattresses on a regular basis.