Mumbai is one of the most happening cities in the country. Always bustling with activities, it is believed that Mumbai never sleeps. While many people travel to Mumbai chasing their dreams, there are others who simply come to tour this city which fulfils dreams.
So if you are planning to go on a trip to Mumbai, there are a few things that you need to know about the place in general so that you can make the most of your time here. So what are the things that you have to know about when planning to travel to this city? Let’s find out:
- The first thing that you need to understand about Mumbai is that it is a very busy city. So when it comes to looking for hotels in mumbai, do make sure that you start your search early so that you can pre-book it well beforehand. It is important to not delay your reservations since looking for a hotel on reaching Mumbai, might prove to be quite a task and finding a hotel last minute will be really difficult. So make sure that you have your hotel booking done from before.
- The next thing that you need to know is that Colaba is the central area of Mumbai. It is located near the Gateway of India and is the hub of most tourist activities. Thus when you look for a hotel in Mumbai, try to find one in this area. The hotels in this area would typically be a little expensive but this is the best place to stay when it comes to Mumbai. It will also become easier for you to travel from one place to another if you stay here.
- There are a lot of restaurants and pubs in Mumbai, in the Colaba area itself which you should visit at least once during your trip. Mumbai has a lovely night life which one should enjoy when in the city. Do not forget to enjoy a drive on the Marine Drive and walk on it for some time and experience the beauty of the Arabian Sea. This is often said to be the most beautiful place in the city.
- There is a Mumbai night bus tour. Have a hearty plate of vadapaos and set out on this tour at night. This tour takes you through the various important locations in Mumbai, pointed out to you by a guide from the bus. Most of the famous architecture of the city is covered in the tour and some recent ones as well. This tour is really exciting and a must try for all.
- And last but not the least, do make time to visit the Gateway of India and from there take a ferry to the Elephanta Caves. These are two of the most famed tourist spots in Mumbai which you have to cover during your tour. With a tour of these two, your trip will remain incomplete.
These are some very important things that you have to be aware of before going on a trip to Mumbai.